Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Like a beating drum in my ears...

That line is from one of my poems, but it seemed apropos after I posted as my Facebook status update that I feel like an Eminem song.  Not so much in content, but in style.

Life seems a bit loud lately.  Kind of chaotic, irrational at times.  Sometimes it leaves me thinking what the hell just happened? It's moving so fast I can't keep up.  I'm angry, I'm scared, I'm confused, I'm frustrated, I rage at times.  And I don't know the words to my own life.  The music starts, and I begin singing, and I think I know the words, but then I find myself mouthing them or making shit up as I go along.

I'm hoping that my life as an Eminem song will eventually calm down and morph into...I don't know...maybe something a little more mellow like Beck or Train even. 

Ciao,

Megan

3 comments:

  1. I hope it mellows for you, too, Megan, because that is a buttload of drama, and nobody needs THAT! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe a period of turmoil/upheaval always leads to a period of calm. Both can be productive, but only the former teaches us how and what we are able to survive. :)

    Just made that up, but it seems plausible.

    Love you girl. xo me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. I'm hanging, breathing, being. It's about all I can do right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews