Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Morning Blahg: The Ups and Downs of Writerdom

Some people get my writing, some people don't get my writing.

Sometimes I don't get my writing.

Some days I think I'm brilliant, some days I think I suck.

Some days I can't write a word to save my life, some days I can't stop.

Sometimes writers get not so good reviews and sometimes they get this in their Twitter feed.

"Never Eighteen is phenomenal! I cried so much; I'm in love with Austin and Kaylee. :)"

Okay, maybe that's only me.

Never EighteenI will say this, coming off a weekend of writerly uncertainty, this comment today made me believe in myself again.  Yes, some days I question myself.  I think we all do.  We wonder if we're good enough, if we have what it takes.  I have to keep in mind, someone liked my writing enough to rep it, someone liked it enough to publish it. Not everyone is going to like it.  I get that.  I have to get over it.  I need to focus on the people who do like it to keep going.


The review from the  above mentioned commenter will be available May 8th.   She's my new BFF (she does not know this yet, ;)  )

Laters,
~megan
Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews