Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

my living room
So, yeah, I decorated my house for Christmas.  I've been listening to Christmas music.  Yes, I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but my girls and I have been in the spirit since Dio de las Muertas.

Which is a good thing for me, since the last few years, nothing could get me in the mood. And don't even mention the "S" word.  Snow.  I hate it.  I hate driving in it, I hate the coldness of it.  I only like snow if I never have to leave my house.

But yeah, this year is different.  This year I feel warm and snuggly and Christmassy.  My house if festive with it's lights and pink tree, and garland, and the giant silver star hanging from my kitchen ceiling.

And it's catching.  I've started a before Christmas movement.  I've inspired people to listen to Christmas music, to put up their trees.  I like being an inspiration, even if it's just an eccentric one like decorating before Thanksgiving.

Happy Holidays (boy I'm going to be saying that a lot until Christmas actually rolls around).  And Happy Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the pink tree. My husband would go bonkers if I tried that :-) I know what you mean about "early Christmas spirit." We moved out to the country this year and there's something very different about the season when you're "out" of the city. I've replaced pumpkins with holiday snowmen, and every room is slowly being decorated. I LOVE going home. Happy holidays AND Tuesday to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do our tree the first Sunday of December so not this weekend but next for us, although I am itching to put it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Very festive. I need to get through hosting Thanksgiving for fourteen before I can move on to Christmas and Channukah (don't get me started on my bad idea to celebrate both holidays). We should have just picked one tradition and gone with it!

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews