Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mom Fail

So my girls and I laid around all day Sunday doing absolutely nothing because we had Monday to get the Christmas decorations down, clean the house, and finish up homework.

Yesterday rolled around and that's exactly what we did. I took down decorations, Thing One cleaned house (all the messes were from her New Years party, eight teenagers somehow turned into twenty), and Thing Two was finishing up her homework.

Well, sometime between 1:00 and 2:00 pm, Thing Two says, "Mom, did school start today?"
Me: "No, it starts tomorrow. Why?"
Thing Two: "Because I just texted a friend and asked what he was doing and he said he was at school."
Me: "Really? Well maybe he's just hanging out or something."

Thing One walks up the stairs as I hit the computer to check the school calendar.
Me: "Oh my god, you guys were supposed to start today."
Thing One: "I was wondering why everyone was complaining about going back to school today on Facebook."
Me: "You didn't think to mention this to me earlier?"
Thing One: "I thought they were crazy."

Um, so I pondered if my kids were confused or playing me. I'm going with the former, giving them the benefit of the doubt, because how on earth could their mother be wrong.

Er.

Hopefully this will be my only #momfail story of the year, but I highly doubt it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear! At least you got them to yourself for another day, though :)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews