So, love, yes? No? Ugh.
I've been dating.
Some good, some bad.
I came to the realization that I don't know how to date. I'm a relationship person. I've always been a relationship person. I meet someone, we have a relationship, it ends.
So, now I'm doing this dating thing and I have no idea what I'm doing. I am learning what I want and don't want very quickly, however.
I did this awhile back, but here I go again:
- Guy that is funny. This is a must. Anything from dry sarcasm to pee-your-pants funny. If you're not funny, I'm not happy.
- A cute face to look at. I'm not real picky when it comes to looks, especially if the guy is personality plus, but I don't want to date Quazimodo either.
- Athletic to average body type. Again, I'm not too picky, but I know I don't want to date Jabba the Hut.
- Must not love dogs. Sorry, not a dog person. Aside from allergies, I just hate how they jump on me, and how they bark, and smell, and pretty much everything thing about them. *ducks rotten produce from dog lovers*
- I like to work out, but I'm not a die hard, and I don't want to date a die hard. I think I'd get tired just looking at him.
- Doing things in snow and water. Swimming and bathing are my limits. I don't ski, neither in snow or water, I don't snowboard, jet ski, yadda yadda yadda. I will sit in the boat and watch. I like boats. I will not do ANYTHING in the snow.
- Must not do drugs. Sorry. #totalwasteoftime
- Must like to have fun. I'm open to trying new things as long as they don't have to do with me being cold, bored, or scared for my life.
- Must either read books or be educated. I'm not really into conversations that start with, "Uh, what?"
- Must have job.
- Must have shelter. Preferably not with your parents.
- Must have car.
I know these last three seem like a given, especially for people my age, but yeah, no.
I suppose I'm done. I'm sure there's more, but I don't want to seem high maintenance. :)
So, happy Valentines Day to you all. I hope you have someone to share it with. If you don't, buy a gallon of Ben and Jerry's and watch chick flix all night. Yeah, you too guys.