Thursday, March 29, 2012

Wardrobe issues and other irritations


So, this week Thing Two had not one, but not wardrobe issues at school. The first was a wardrobe malfunction. She got a tear in her jeans in a not good spot. I had to leave work, run to my house, grab a pair of jeans, run them up to her school, and go back to work. Today, a very rainy day, she slipped and fell and got all muddy. Once again I had to leave work, run home, find jeans, run them to school, before heading back to work.

I swear that kid is going to be the death of me. I would also swear that she has probably caused 97.8% of my gray hairs. She is lucky she is a wonderful kid and I love her so much, or I might give her up for adoption.

Another irritation. I went for a walk on the waterfront yesterday and I find an obstacle of sidewalk dog poop. I mean, really. Can you not tell your dog is taking a shit on the sidewalk? Yeah, I bet you can, but if you act like you don't see him doing it, you don't have to pick it up, right? Inconsiderate not only to the people walking down the path, but to your dog. You should be ashamed of yourself. If you don't want to tend to your pet's basic needs, you should not have a pet. Bad pet owner.

More irritation: lack of sleep. I can't get past it. I'm taking Melatonin now. It seems to help me fall asleep, but I still wake up early and sometimes (most the time) can't get back to sleep.

Also, having a brilliant book idea while I'm struggling through revisions. sigh. I NEED TO FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's driving me nuts. I've given myself a deadline of the end of this month, and I honestly am not sure if I'm going to make it.

More irritation, sore legs. I started a running training class. Why you ask? Because I've always hated running, but I've always wanted to like it. It makes my lungs burn, my legs hurt, and makes me cough for hours. SO, I want to learn. My friend Alexa has been trying to talk my into starting her class, so I did. I had my first lesson on Tuesday. My legs hurt. Don't get me wrong, I know it will be worth it in the long run, but right now I'm in pain.

Now here's a bit of luck, I was about a centimeter and a second away from being crapped on by a crow.

Happy Thursday everyone. I'm treating myself to a pedicure and a night out with friends. Tomorrow, vacation!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews