Wednesday, November 13, 2013

30 days of thanks: day 13

I'm thankful for my readers. I thank everyone that showed up at my Dissected launch party last night. I am overwhelmed with gratitude. I know there were others that wanted to be there but had to work, or were sick, but I know they were there in spirit.

I was so nervous, there was so much I forgot that I wanted to say. I wanted to say, that writing what I write, the hard stuff, the people with flaws, with issues...I write it because I'm drawn to it, because it resonates with me. The people in my books - I know them. In many ways I am them.

I also wanted to tell them that if you read the book and if you like the book, consider taking the time to review it on Amazon. Not just my book, but any book of any author that maybe someone hasn't heard of, because it does help. If we get a number of reviews, Amazon might move us to a certain list, or section that might give us a little more promotion.

Also, if you like it, tell a friend.

Okay enough about that and back to my readers. I started writing because I love to do it. It's a form of therapy, a copying mechanism, not unlike my characters Sydney's decision to cut. But since getting published, I realize how important my readers are to me. To inspire them or to give them a story or character to connect with, that makes me feel good.

Here are just a couple tidbits of messages I've received from people who've read my work:

"...i felt like i had a sense of enlightenment and it made me want to be a better person..."

"My younger daughter died of osteosarcoma (a bone cancer) in Dec 2007; she was sixteen.  She would have had so much in common with Austin.  Her courage continues to inspire me and while I will never get over her loss, I have made it through.  Thank you for giving teens with cancer a voice."

"...Never Eighteen changed my entire outlook on life. Thank you so much for writing this wonderful book. ...Thank you again for this amazing contribution to the literature world!"

Just a few, but you get the point. Messages like these make me feel amazing and want me to keep doing what I'm doing.

So, thank you readers for inspiring me and motivating me to keep going.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews