Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Morning Blahg: Will Write for Food

Someone asked me yesterday if writing was my job.  I responded that I wished it to be one day.  Don't get me wrong, as far as day jobs go, I have a great one.  The people I work with are wonderful, I basically get to surf the internet all day doing research or Facebooking, Tweeting, or blogging.  I get to design cool, attention getting ads.  It's very awesome.

But I think the goal of many writers is to live off of their craft some day. Of course, this is not easy unless you're King, Rowling, Meyer, etc.  Many of us will have to come  out of our shells and have live personal interaction with people outside of our computer monitors.  Skype visits, school visits, conferences, etc.  That's how we live off of it.  This is the stuff I have to learn.  I have to find my niche, so I can prepare a presentation.

I really admire the writers who travel around and give that part of themselves to their readers and other writers.  I'm terrified of it, but I know if I want to be only a writer, I have to get over it.  This may take therapy. :)

Happy Monday.

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews