Friday, June 3, 2011

F³A: Mowing and other bits

Okay, so first off, I mowed my lawn for the first time (don't think I'm a slacker, I don't have a lawn mower, so I've had a variety of men over to do this for me, which didn't suck).  And I will say this.  My lawn is a bitch.  First of all, it's HUGE.  Second of all, the lawnmower I borrowed wasn't self propelled, so I had to actually work.  I'm surprised I'm not sore today.  It took me like an hour and a beer to do it.  At one point I was so tired of mowing I actually ran with the mower to get it done faster.  I'm going to get rid of some lawn.  That's for sure. (and buy a self propelled mower)

Okay, I posted a couple weeks ago that I was getting divorced.  Well that didn't happen because the dumb commissioner said I needed stuff that two attorneys have told me I don't really need to get divorced.  So, I go back today.  And if I'm not divorced by the time I walk out of that courtroom, someone is going to get hurt. (totally kidding, but I will be seriously pissed.


I'm making my kids cinnamon (I can't ever spell that) rolls for breakfast.  Non sequitur.

Started watching Bed of Roses last night, because my kids are totally into 80's movies and we love Christian Slater, and I thought I loved that movie.  Then I realized I'm not even sure I've seen that movie and Mary Stuart Masterson was supposed to be Marissa Tomei, so I had my daughter look up Christian Slater on Netflix.  Untamed Heart.  That's the one I wanted to watch.  So we did.  And it's still awesome.

Okay, I know that was all totally random, but it's the Friday Free For All after all.

My nibbles:

Random Pandora Song: Slide by the Goo Goo DollsGreatest Hits Volume One - The Singles.  I will mention I'm listening to One Republic radion.

Movie of the Week:  I'm going to stick with Untamed Heart I love that my kids or into 80's movies.  It's like reliving my youth.

Book of the Week:  Popular by Alissa Grosso Okay, seriously, I'm loving this book.  And I KNOW there is going to bea twist, maybe a couple, and I'm excited to find out what they are.  I've been guessing, we'll see if I'm right.

Quote of the Week: "Do or do not...there is no try." ~Yoda  Not only is this quote in my friend Gae's book The Pull of Gravity, but I've just been hearing people say it a lot lately.  And it's a good quote to live by, and I'm trying to do.  I'm sick of trying.

Until Monday,

Megan


3 comments:

  1. Took you and hour and a beer! lol! I love these "bits" (except the part about not getting your divorce -- good luck with that). And good luck with the mowing (argh, how I hate it!, converting to garden slowly)
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, had such a crush on Christian Slater in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Barb, I have decided I need less lawn. I'm thinking a deck and some flower beds would be nice.

    @Johanna. He was my favorite right behind John Cusack.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews