Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thought Provoking Thursday: Moving

I swear the last couple years here in the PNW have been horrible.  It's been gray from September to May and we had no summer to speak of last year.  We have two season: Rain for ten months, sun for two.  And we don't even get rainbows anymore.  What's up with that?

This year, our weather has been having an identity crisis.  Like right now, the sun is out.  It's bright, shiny, and blue skies.  But in a few short hours, it's going to be pouring down rain according to the weather man, and I think he's going to be right.

It's impossible to know what to wear when you leave the house. 

This is the first year I've seriously debated moving to someplace with more sun.  Arizona mostly likely.  I would at least, if I make a mint, like to buy a house down there.  Just a tiny one with a pool where I can go for a couple weeks during the winter to get my battery recharged.

I'm not sure I can take another Washington fall/winter/spring.

Please let this book sell. 

Ciao,

Megan

7 comments:

  1. I hear you Megan! I'm soooo over this weather! It's been killing business at the golf course! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you can get some place sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone. My husband and I have our WA house for sale and are moving to Arizona (to his hometown, Flagstaff). But we hear this weekend is supposed to be sunny here.

    Hope your book sells, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, you guys. And Angelina, I'm so jealous!!!

    I'd settle for being a snow bird. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holdin' on for Saturday when it's supposed to be 80! But otherwise, it's been a tough two years :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best friend used to make the similar debate (she's in Portland). She ended up deciding she wanted to make enough money to take a nice long vacation every January or February, but she had just about decided on New Mexico--they have 4 seasons, but winter is short and blue-skied and summer is DRY rather than humid (and about 30 degrees cooler than Phoenix).

    I hope your book sells well enough to get your break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I'm looking forward to the weekend at least. It is supposed to be hot. Well, hot for here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your rain.

    I live in Washington, but I grew up in Tucson, and still miss the sun.

    There is moss growing on the side of my house, on my sidewalk & patio, and on my car. It's too much. Good thing I'm always moving, or it would grow on me.

    And then there are slugs in my garden lol.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews