Friday, October 21, 2011

F³A: I'm starting to freak out

My book release is three months away.  THREE MONTHS!!!!!

I'm seriously starting to freak out.  I'm trying to plan two parties.  The Tacoma Public Libraries have offered to host my release party and then I'm having a private party for close friends and family.

My marketing campaign is not quite in place yet.  I'm still working on it.  Who would have thunk it would be hard to get people to take a free book?!?!?!

I'm still writing guest blogs.  I'm almost blogged out. I'm not sure I'll ever want to blog again when this is all over.

I'm trying to drop *cough* another 20 pounds before release.  I'm not sure I'll make it.

I'll have to get my house ready for out of town guests.  I may have to hire someone to help me come clean it, because I'm not good at cleaning things like door frames, and corners, and crap like that.

I will probably also be going into seclusion next week to finish revisions on my WIP. ugh.

Someone talk me down from the ledge so I don't have to resort to xanax.

Friday Scribbles:

Random Pandora song of the week: Vienna by the Fray. I love Pandora.  It gets me through my work day.

Netflix of the week:  Finally finished Monk and have started on Breaking Bad.  Looks funny.

Book of the week:  Um, I've not had much time to read.  I'm reading a friends manuscript and it's really good.  May be the one that gets her published.


Quote of the week:  "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."  I don't know who to attribute that too. I remember reading that years ago some where and for some reason it popped into my head this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Are you looking for a specific KIND of reviewer? I've got several blog friends who write YA--I could introduce you, or if you want to give away a bunch, I could just ask if anyone is interested in reading and reviewing. (or giving an ARC as a prize?)

    You will do great (and I'm trying to lose, too, so happy to lend encouragement--I usually blog about it on the weekend)

    Good luck with all of it!

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews