Friday, December 23, 2011

F³A: Roiling angst and where the day takes me

My angst is at its apogee (this is me and my new goal of using a new lesser used word every day).  It's the time of year, not only because of the season, but for personal reasons both from the way back machine and present day Tacoma, which I'm not going to bore you with at the moment.

I told today I was going to kick its ass, it's not going to go down without a fight.  Number one, thank god for LOL Cats.  Number two, do not look up "bad day" on Google images because lots of icky gross stuff comes up.

Anyhoo.  I said, "Hey, Day, bring it on.  Give me your worst!"

Day said, "Okay first of all, I'll let you have your coffee and do your stupid computer stuffs.  But after that, your ass is mine.  And you're lucky I'm letting you slide on the promise to get on the elliptical today."

Me: "Okay, fine, then what?"

Day: "Hmmm, what to throw at you first.  How about the kitchen."

Me: "Pfft.  Piece of cake."

Day: "Maybe I'll let you pick up your girls today, but then there's groceries, and perhaps some gift delivery."

Me: "Is that all you got?"

Day: "Cookies."

Me: "That may be work to you, but I call that fun."


Day: "Well, then I'll have you catch up on the laundry, wash, dry, fold, AND put away.  You have guests coming on Christmas you know."


Me: "Shit.  Shit.  Okay.  Okay.  I can do this.  Next?"

Day: "You sure you're ready for what comes next?"

I close my eyes, start jumping around, breathe in and out, shake it off like a boxer.  "Okay, yeah, I'm ready...wait.  No.  Yes."  My body calms, I get in my best I-can-take-it-stance.

Day: "Your office."

my office

I almost collapse, but I maintain my cool  I don't want the day to know that its, in a single two words, almost beat me.

Me: "You're on.  I'm kicking your ass Day.  You can't stop me."

Day: "I'm not worried.   I've always got tomorrow."

Okay, time for the Friday Scribbles:

Christmas Song of the Week: Jingle Bells by Sammy Davis Jr.  No one sings it like him.

Book of the Week: Still on Just Cause by my friend Ian Healy.  Christmas has taken away my ability to read in a timely manner, but hopefully will finish next week.

Christmas Movie of the Week: Going with The Family Stone.  I love it.  Luke Wilson is so cute and funny in it.  And I love Rachel McAdams in it too.

Quote of the Week: "As we struggle with shopping lists and invitations, compounded by December's bad weather, it is good to be reminded that there are people in our lives who are worth this aggravation, and people to whom we are worth the same." ~Donald Westlake

Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Joyous Kwanzaa.  If you don't celebrate a holiday, celebrate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews