Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Bucket List

Yes, it's cliche by now, but those living social things on Facebook made me think about things I want to do/accomplish in my lifetime.



Number one is, of course, to get published. I think my current book, Mending Fences, has a shot. However, it needs a rewrite, which I will probably start on soon. sigh.



Number two, I have always wanted to dye my hair black, and think I will after next pay day. Trying to convince my husband it's just for fun and not to hide the gray has been a difficult task, but seriously, it's true. I've been wanting to do this since my late teens. I'm going to do it.



I would love to go back to Rome. I love Rome, everything about it. The history, the people, the food. I love that I can go to Rome and eat anything I want and not gain any weight because I walk everywhere. I love the fact that there is still a cheese shop that is seperate from the produce shop, seperate from the butcher.



I've always wanted to see Australia.



Meeting the friends I've made in ABNA. I mean for realsies, in the flesh. It's so hard to have these friends, some of the best friends I've ever had, and not be able to have coffee or lunch with them.

To excercise daily and get into the best shape of my life.

Most importantly, to leave my mark, be it as a writer, mother, friend. I want to be remembered, at least for awhile, as someone who made a difference, no matter how small that difference may be.

2 comments:

  1. I always regretted how little traveling we did while living in the UK. never saw Rome, wish I had...

    you will leave your mark, maybe in a way you don't imagine. usually I find that's how life goes, surprises around most corners...

    I will never forget that review, that's for sure... :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've traveled quite a bit in my life, thanks to my parents, but I've only crossed the ocean twice, both times to Italy. There are so many other places I would love to go.

    If they only way I make my mark in this world is as a good mom, I guess that's good enough. But I would sure like to get one of these books published. sigh.

    And I'm glad you liked your review. I can't believe the response I've gotten from them. I just like doing them. I think it's fun. Video production is kind of a fun hobby for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews