Monday, October 5, 2009

Top Four Reasons to Join my Friend Gae's Fan Page on Face Book #4


# 4 This is the most obvious. It's because she's getting published. Gae is a friend I met through the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest. She has since become one of my best friends, though we've never met in person. Her YA book, Steinbeck, the Scoot, and the Pull of Gravity is getting published by a major press. No details yet, the details come later.

Here's a little taste of what it's about:

Nick Gardner is having a rough year. I mean, it's hard enough to be 14. Add to that your brother's a jerk, your big fat dad has hit the road, and your sort-of best friend is dying, and it's enough to wear you down.

But when a water tower, a broken leg, and a television news crew put Nick on a collision course with one Jaycee Amato -- a girl with Siberian Husky eyes -- his whole life begins to change. Together, they set out to deliver a gift for his dying friend.

Will they find what they set out for, or merely discover the beauty of Steinbeck, the crappy truth about plans and a few small facts about gravity?

Steinbeck, The Scoot and the Pull of Gravity is a coming-of-age story about first love, friendship, and the true nature of family.

So, support the arts. Become a fan.

You could also become a fan of yours truly, if you want.

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. I love that synopsis. I mean I REALLY love it. I am copying it and pasting it on my wall as an example of what my synopsis should be like. I've read portions of this book and, yes, it's all that. Can't wait to see it in print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, how am I supposed to get work done with people blogging about me.

    I love you guys. Nothing like a support system in bad times AND in good. <3 Gae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gae, go to work so you can come back and play. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews