Thursday, March 25, 2010

Now what?


Now that I'm out of the contest, I can stop obsessing and get the things I have to get done. (Or want to do)

These are my immediate plans.

Finish Cheesy. I lost my direction for a bit, so I've decided to write the last half of the book and fit the two section together and see if that works.

I want to revise and finish my Dena Powers series, revise What Gets You In. I don't know at this point what I'm going to do with Lockdown. I may revise, I may scrap. I think it's worth salvaging, there's some good writing in there, but, maybe it's too dark for the market right now.

I need to catch up on my book reviews. Though I'm caught up with my Amazon Vine Reviews, I have some requested reviews I need to do. I have filmed one and just need to edit, and I'm currently reading one of those books, which so far is good. And I also want to do some reviews for the ABNA contest. I know there are probably lots of good reads there. :)

Other than that, just try to be a good mom, wife, soccer mom, and stay healthy.

Have a great day all.

Kisses

:*

Megan

8 comments:

  1. Please do not scrap "Lockdown." It is good. Consider sending at least one of your books to a small press. Even at a small press, there are quality editors out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know. I had sent my novel Mending Fences out to small presses to no avail.

    It's all good though. I've got some things going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forward motion is always a good thing. I always find that it's best not to linger on the things that don't pan out but rather always be pushing towards the next possibility. Good luck with your projects. It sounds like you've got some good stuff to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lisa. Keep us up to date on your contest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always feels good to clear the mental desk and start new projects. Kudos to you for focusing on the positive and figuring out what your next challenges are! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Megan. I'll definitely keep you updated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would echo not scrapping Lockdown, but I find sometimes setting it aside for a few months then getting back to it fresh can help---the writing I saw was fabulous.

    Good luck with what you decide to work on next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too would say don't scrap Lockdown -- it's powerful, it's edgy, and if it's not what other people are doing, all the more reason YOU should stick with it and give the industry something different. Publishing houses don't need different-colored versions of the same thing.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews