Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fragile

I'm feeling de ja vu as I'm pretty sure I've written about life's fragile moments pretty recently.

I have a friend going through a rough time (no doctor, I'm really talking about a friend, I'm not referring to myself). Just another reminder how short life can be and how we should make the best of every single minute we have of it.

Here are a few simple things to make life a little easier.

Spend time with people that make you happy.


Listen to your kids laugh, cheers me up every time.

Take time for yourself, even if it's only a few minutes.

Don't waste time on things that make you crazy.

Simplify and try to stay organized.

Enjoy the scenery.  

These seems like simple instructions to follow, don't they?  The fact of the matter is, they're not.  So many of us speed through life, doing things for everyone but ourselves, missing our kids childhood, making ourselves crazy over clutter and "things".

Slow down.  
 
In the words of Ferris Bueller, "Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." 

Just something to think about.
Ciao,

Megan

5 comments:

  1. Great blog, Megan. I loved the Ferris Bueller quote. At the time, I thought he was referring to himself, but he was actually concerned about his friend Cameron. It's one of my favorite films.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound advice. I try to follow it, but sadly I do not always succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. Why do we get so spun? Until we're mixed up, knotted cobwebs???

    I'm going to sit on my porch and read a book. MMMM. (or not, depends on how much stuff I have to do)

    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments everyone. I know, we hurry too much through life. I for one am going to take the time to slow down and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews