Tuesday, December 21, 2010

2fer Tuesday: Soul Baring Solstice

My friend Hart over at the Watery Tart has decided to bare her soul in the name of the solstice.  I'm following her lead by doing the same.  She did twelve, I'm not sure how many I can come up with, these are off the cuff and in no particular order.

1. I have a thing for young actors.  Don't get me wrong, they're not under-aged (meaning I'm not a perv), just way younger than me.  Through the years I've had major crushes on Heath Ledger, Toby McGuire, Edward Norton, Elijah Wood, and more recently, Shia Labeouf, and *fans self* Zac Efron.

2. I love to sing and I'm kinda good.  I was in show choir in junior high.  I was in vocal ensemble and the musical Li'l Abner in high school.  I've been onstage in various bars in the greater Tacoma area singing with a guitar player friend, I love karaoke.  I blast music in my car and sing along, everything from the Far East Movement to Nirvana to Michael Buble.

3. I'm a musical geek.  I have love just about every musical I've ever seen.  Grease, Evita, Moulin Rouge,  Jesus Christ Superstar, etc, etc, but my ultimate favorite is Hair. (I've never seen an episode of Glee)

4. When I was in 7th grade I wanted to start a band called Emotional Disturbances.  It never happened.

5. I used to get car sick.  Just about every family trip ended up with me throwing up in the back seat.  I always take the front seat now.

6. I play fantasy football.  The first year the league decided to let a girl in (me) I won the  whole thing.  I'm in the play offs almost every year.  I'm sure they now regret their decision.

7. I've been writing since I was in kindergarten, poems, songs, short stories.  Finally wrote my first novel at age 33.

8. When I started writing novels, I thought I'd be the next JK Rowling with my super hero series.  Um, yeah, right.

9. Back in  junior high I always like the short guys.

10. I was going to go out for a women's rugby team last year until I found out they were all in college.

11. I took me ten years to finish college.  Two years straight, then part time for the next eight.  Still, I did it.

12.  I have VERY dark days.

Hey, I did it!!

How about you?  You want to bare your soul in the name of the solstice?  Give me just one.  Dare ya.
Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews