Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thought Provoking Thursday: Tis the Season

You'd think this time of year people would be a little softer, a little kinder, a little more willing to put other's needs ahead of their own.  But we live in a society in which people are in such a hurry, their needs and time being more important than those around them.

This being the guy that shoots in front of you to get the better parking space then gives you a snide look like he's got one up on you.  Um, guy, I wasn't going to park there anyway.
Passing two people in the Safeway yesterday, "Come on, don't be such a jerk."  I have no idea what was going on, but the first guy probably was being a jerk, well, maybe, the second guy probably in a hurry. ugh.

The people who push and cut in front of you in the mall. ugh.

These are reasons I try to get my Christmas shopping done WAY in advance.  But that doesn't always work out (I have to do some last minute crap today, ugh)

Try and slow down this holiday season, everyone else's time is just as important as yours.  Remember to give of yourself, donate some coats and blankets to your local shelter, give the Santa ringing the bell your loose change.  Adopt a Christmas family if you have the means to (I'm going to do this next year with my girls).

Have a happy holiday.  Peace, love, and candy canes,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews