Monday, November 21, 2011

Monkey Madness Monday: Being Thankful

There is so much to be Thankful for in life.  I mean, even when things seems bad, there is always someone worse of then you.  Be thankful for what you have instead of what you want.

I know, sometimes it's hard, even I am guilty of stressing on the little things (thank you anxiety disorder).  But here are the things I will try and focus on my family.  Are they perfect? God no, but whose is?  I love them with all their quirks and faults and I know they love me despite these things as well.

I'm thankful for my friends.  Even if I don't see them as often as I like, I know their always there for me.

I'm thankful for my health.  Am I a bit out of shape? Sure.  Am I a little crazy? Yes.  But I'm living and breathing and that in itself is a gift.

I'm thankful for my girls.  Do they drive me nuts? Yes.  They're teenagers after all, but I would rather deal with the eye rolls, and the attitude, and the messiness than not having them around.  They are my sun, my light.

Think about the things you're thankful for this week, not just the big things, but the little ones too.   I'm thankful for fresh flowers, and the scent of basil, and Oil of Olay, and coffee.

We have it good.  We really do.  Even when it's bad, it's still good in some ways.

What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

  1. Megan,

    Thanks so much for posting this today. I have been dealing with a lot of stress at my job and at home and I really have a hard time thinking of things that I am thankful for. However, I do have a lot to be thankful for. Thanks for reminding me of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I'm just thankful I haven't damaged my head banging it agaisnt a wall this past month. For now that will do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's so easy to forget that many of us have it good. Life may not be what you envisioned, but if you're living and breathing, and have a roof over your head and food on your table, you have more than many.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews