Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Top Four Worst Jobs I've Ever Had: # 2 Vehicle Licensing

I am not much of a people person, so to work in the public service industry was just a bad idea in the first place.

I sold people their vehicle license tabs. People were forced to come to me and give me their money. And back when I worked there, the newer and nicer the car you had, the more money they cost. We're talking $400-$500 for a little sticker that goes on your license plate. People were not happy to see me.

I'd been yelled at, sworn at, hung up on, and even had someone slam their hand down on my counter (which had to hurt). My boss heard it from all the way at the back at the office and came up front to see what the problem was.

Okay, and here's the kicker, um, licensing your vehicle is a law. And there are certain laws you have to abide by to license and title. And guess what, I can't change the laws to suit your needs.

Um, needless to say, I was happy to leave that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews