Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Top Four Worst Jobs I've Ever Had: # 3 Multi Level Marketing

Yep. I did it. Yep I'm guilty. I was desperate to work from home after my children were born, and there really aren't many opportunities.

First I sold toys, Discovery Toys. Which was good because they were good quality educational toys. I had no problem selling the toys, everyone liked them, but the way you really make the money is to sell the selling of the toys, and get people to host parties. This is what I wasn't good at, high pressure coercion. Trying to talk people into selling toys? Right. I'm just not the pushy sort.

The other one I tried was this natural body product company, who equivocated themselves to Costco for body products. This was bull. People had to sign up for an online membership, and overpay for products they can buy in their home town without shipping costs on top of it. Plus, there was a minimum amount they had to purchase per month. So, you had to sign people up to purchase their products, AND you had to find people to recruit others. It was a sham from the beginning. A nightmare really.

So there it is, #3 worst job, if you can even call it that. Never never do multi level marketing, you'll always end up putting more money into it then you get out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews