Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Free For All: How much is friendship worth?


Friendships are funny things. They invigorate, elate at times, but they can also be difficult and high maintenance.

So my question is, what lengths would you go to to hold onto a friendship?

What if you were always the one making plans, making the moves to maintain it? Would it get tiring? Would you eventually give up?

What if they constantly broke off plans? Or waited until the last minute to see if something better came up?

What about mood swings? Sometimes they treat you great, other times, like crap. Almost as if they had a split personality.

How much would you take?

And if the friendship dissolved for some reason, would you always be there for them if they came back? To what extent?

I personally believe I am a good friend. Yes, I've admitted I'm not really a people person, no I don't like to talk on the phone, I may not come to all your parties, but I love you. I would do anything for you, bring you chicken soup when you're sick, babysit your kids in a pinch, take you to get your car fixed, give you a shoulder to cry on. I've had friendships come and go, and it amazes me how easy it is for people to walk away, whether you've known each other for a few months, or fifteen years.

So tell me, how much would you take, and at what point do you give up?

2 comments:

  1. good blog.

    to what lengths? I'll let you know... ;)

    I'm glad you are my loyal friend. Truly.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews