Monday, February 10, 2014

Time to make some changes

I've been thinking about this for a while now, and it's time to set aside Creative Chaos. I know I just started using that a couple years ago, (has it been that long already?) but that's more who I am, not what I write or do. Plus, I'm going to be using that name for my publishing and indie author services business with my friend Rachel. Check it out (website is a work in progress, not completely done).

With a new brand, I need a new design, so my blog, my website is getting an overhaul. I'm just running through ideas in my head right now, but I think it will be fantastic (hope, wish, pray).

I also want to use my site as a platform to raise awareness for teen depression. You may wonder, why do we need to do that? Everyone knows about depression, right? Here's my take as someone who has suffered and probably has since high school...

I truly think teens may not know what depression looks like or feels like, therefore they may not know they're suffering. When I think back to my high school days, even my junior high days, I truly believe I suffered depression and had no idea until I was the ripe old age of 39 and having a nervous breakdown.

 They need to know where the outlets are for them to get help and have them at their fingertips so that they have a place to turn instead of harming themselves,  turning to drugs and/or alcohol, or worst case scenario, suicide.

Realizing that something is wrong and telling someone is key, but I think one of the hardest things to do.

And I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet, but I'm going to start an awareness project myself and get the right people involved to help those who struggle. I know there are a couple others out there, but I'm not sure they fit with what I want to do. If you've got ideas, let me have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews