Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday T is for Travail

Travail has two definitions.  One is to struggle, one is to become alive.  Many of you know I have had my share of struggles these last few years.  Last week was no different. Some days are good, some days are bad. Sometimes we win in life, sometimes we lose.  Amongst book releases and getting my ARCs and traveling to New York, I also struggled with bad reviews, and self doubt/loathing, and heartbreak.

The good thing is it's never too late to start over and there's no limit how many times you're allowed to. 

Life has been an emotional and physical roller coaster for the last three years.  I think I'm finally ready to jump off the ride.  To dive into a fresh start. I recently realized I wasn't even following the message of my own novel, make the most out of life, not focus on the negative, you only get one shot at it.

I have much to be thankful for, awesome friends, a great support system, I think my work in progress is pretty good, my book release gets closer and closer.  And hope.  Hope that the rest of the year gets better.  Hope that I find success with Never Eighteen, hope I find balance, hope that I find true happiness in life and become alive again.

~best,

Megan

4 comments:

  1. Megan, you are so inpsiring. Don't let the bad days get you down. Just take comfort in the knowledge that you are amazing and you have written an amazing book! Ignore anyone who disagrees and just keep on in the direction you've been going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Johanna. I try not to let the bad days get me down, but sometimes it is hard.

    I appreciate your kind words and hope I live up to them. :

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post made me cry. Yes to it.

    Hope your bridge walk is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gae. I plan to walk the bridge daily. I think it will bring me some clarity.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews