Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Year's Resolution Recap

 I was thinking about making some new resolutions, but I wanted to go back to last year and see if I achieved any of the goals I'd set for myself.  I didn't promise myself I'd achieve them, but I did say I'd try like hell.  Here are last year's resolutions and how I fared.

The first resolution was:
I will be more physically active.  Seriously people, I've let myself go.  Haven't set foot in a gym, or exercised for MONTHS.  So I resolve to get off my ass and get moving.




Well, um, I've exercised.  I bought the elliptical and used it, I went bike riding, I let Jillian Michaels kick my ass on occasion.  I think I've accomplished this, not as much as I would have liked to, but a little bit.

 Next resolution was:
And hopefully with all this action will come the dropping of a few *cough cough* extra pounds I've put on this year.

I didn't lose as much as I wanted, but I did lose seven pounds.  Not epic, but something.

Next resolution was:

I will write more.  I did write one book this year, Cheesy, which I'm in love with, but I finished that ages ago.  I've written very little in the last six months.


I wrote a book again this year, Sliced.  I'm rewriting it, so I think I've done well on this one.  I don't write every day like I should, but I do write when I can.  Day job kind of sucks my creativity right out of me.

Next:


I will try once again to find some peace and be happy in life.


The year started off pretty rough.  Then I went in and told my doctor I was bi-polar, and I was right.  New meds and I've been pretty balanced this year since March.  I've had a couple relapses, but not even close to where I was last year and the beginning of this year, so I say this resolution was a WIN.

Lastly:

I think the most important thing is to find out who I am.  I know the mother me, the wife me, and the writer me, but I don't really know that much more about myself.  I want to explore that and see who comes out in the wash.

I'm not sure I'm there yet.  I know I've worked hard to learn web design.  I've become a pretty good marketer.  I've worked hard to market Never Eighteen.  So, I guess I'm a hard worker.  But that's not me.  I've not been around many people this year, I've stayed pretty home based.  I watch myself fairly carefully, being bi-polar I have to be careful with who I go out with and what I do.  I'm still that mom, that writer, but I guess I'm not sure what else yet.  I guess I'll work on that more again next year.

Tomorrow I'll share the resolutions I've made for myself this year, and hope they stick.
Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews