Saturday, December 31, 2011

Super Special New Years Eve Blog Because I Have No Life

Dear 2011,

We’ve had some good times; we’ve had some bad times. You’ve given me a new car, new friends, and a new disorder (I could have done without that last one btw).

You’ve kept my daughters healthy, happy, and beautiful, however, 2012 and I are going to have a serious discussion about their grades. I got to see one daughter excel in music while the other one became a Duchess, and both still rock on the soccer field.

You’ve given me some awesome memories: Sundance with my mom, Forks with Heidi, ocean trips with friends and my girls, Arizona, surprising Gae in New York.

You’ve been good to me and my little book. Going through the process was like watching a child grow up. From first pass pages to ARCs to the finished product—what an amazing journey.

You’ve sparked new relationships in my life and ended others. You’ve shown me death and brought new life into my world.

Thank you 2011. For the most part, you’ve been good to me, but it’s time we part ways. Tell 2012 I'm looking forward to meeting him and to bring it. Whatever its plans for me, whether they be challenges, cataclysms, or celebrations, I’m ready, and I’ve got back up.

Goodbye 2011. It’s been swell.

Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews