Friday, June 17, 2011

F³A: 3rd Times a Charm

Today I'm going to court for the third time to try to get divorced.  First time I was missing a document (that could have been turned in later), second time the commissioner didn't like that I wasn't asking for child support.  I think I have everything covered this time.  I don't think I can take another rejection.

My marriage wasn't horrible, I mean, there were low points for me, but there were a lot of high points too, and there will always be a place in my heart for my husband.  Sometimes life just takes you in different directions.  I got to a point in my life where it just wasn't working for me any more.  That may sound petty, but there is much behind that statement left unsaid.  If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you probably know what that means.

I won't be celebrating this, it's not really a victory, it's just a change brought on by unexpected events.  We were married seventeen years (would be eighteen on July 2nd).  It wasn't an easy choice to make, but I felt it was one I had to.

So, here I go again.  Wish me luck.

Friday Nibbles

Random iPod shuffle song: Only Exception by Paramore

Movie of the Week: It's Kind of a Funny Story This is one of the best movies I've seen in awhile.  I rented it for research on my current work in progress.  I was pleasantly surprised.

Book of the Week:  I haven't decided what to read yet.  I've got so many books sitting on my shelf.  I think Illegal by Bettina Restrepo (who I absolutely love btw, we were fellow 2k11ers)

Quote of the Week: "We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves."  ~Lynn Hall

5 comments:

  1. I loved Illegal! Bett did a great job!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just have to say - you look far, far, far too young to have been married 17 years. you look like you ARE 17.
    best of luck today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Erin. I appreciate the compliment, but I am WAY old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending hugs, Megan. I hope, even though this isn't happy, that it gives you a sense of closure and a place to move on from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Hart. It does. It's kind of bittersweet, but it's time to move forward.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews