Thursday, August 4, 2011

Third Degree Thursday: Last Days

I've been thinking a lot about the message behind Never Eighteen, and what I would bring to schools were I to give a presentation.  I think part of it would be to pose the question, "What would you do if you knew your time on earth was coming to an end?"

I mean, what if you only had, let's say, a year left?  What would you do with that time?

I think I'd travel a lot.  I've always wanted to do a cross country road trip.  It think I would do that and see all the sites I've never seen while visiting family and friends.  There are many writer's I've connected to along my journey, but never met in person.  I think I would try to meet as many of them as I could.

I'd throw one hell of a going away party.  At the very end, I'd donate everything I own to charity, money to the children's hospital, possessions (the ones I don't leave to my kids) to people who need it.  Insurance money is for the kids.

And I may or may not buy a monkey.

So tell me, what would you do if you only had a year left to live?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews