Friday, September 16, 2011

F³A: The balancing act

Life has changed so drastically for me the last few years.  I haven't yet learned to balance everything.  When I focus on one thing, something else gets ignored.  For instance, I've been working on marketing my book this week, but I've not revised my manuscript hardly at all, and my house is definitely the self cleaning type.

And then there's soccer season.  Now, I don't have as much responsibility this year as far as soccer goes.  I don't help coach anymore.  I'm not really managing the team anymore, but still with the constant driving.  Thing One has practice every day unless she has a game.  That's M-F.  That's only the school team.  She also has practice Mon & Wed with her select team.  Her games are on Sundays.

Thing Two has practice also Mon & Wed.  She gets out the same time as Thing One those nights.  Her games are on Saturdays.  And when school gets back in session (teachers are on strike) tryout will continue for her school team.

That's seven days of soccer stuff.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVE soccer, and I definitely love watching my kids play, and miss helping coach Thing Two's team (if I had the time I still would) but it's the driving that kills me (hence the hiring of my Girl Friday who starts work for me Monday).

 And I'm sorry, but the day job is killing me.  I mean, I have a great job, and I need it, and it's only part time, but I do much of the same stuff there as I do for my book stuff - blogging, facebook, twitter, and it kind of sucks the creativity out of me on top of taking away some of my writing hours.  But what are you going to do, right?

I've decided to have myself cloned.  I will have one clone to go to my day job, one to clean the house, one to do my marketing, and I will write and do the fun stuff with my kids while Girl Friday does the driving.  I think that's a good plan, don't you?

Oh, and I'm going to throw some yoga into the mix.  I've always hated yoga, but everyone's touting it these days, especially my friend Lori, so I'm going to try it. sigh.

Happy Friday, here are my Friday Scribbles (see that, I changed it from nibbles to scribbles so it's more writerly)

Random iPod shuffle song: No Love by Eminem featuring Lil Wayne (explicit lyrics).  I love Eminem.  Do you think he'd go out with me?  We're around the same age.

Book of the week: I'm still reading OyMG by Amy Dominy, but since Banned Book Week is coming up, I decided to go with The Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Atwood, one of my favorite banned books.

Netflix of the week: Monk.  I think I'm on Season 5.  Loving it.

Quote of the week: "The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man." ~ Euripides

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews