Friday, September 23, 2011

F³A: Sigh, ugh, meh.

I've not been blogging as you may or may not be able to tell.  I've been too tired.  For the most part, I've been too tired to do anything but type and sit on my ass.  Apparently, according to my doctor, I'm exhausted.  They did some blood work to check my thyroid and iron levels.  Won't here back until mid next week.

I am one of the few people on the face of the planet unable to take iron because it makes me sick.  I have tried to get it through food, but obviously (if that's my main problem) it's not enough.

I could not even get out of bed this morning.  My kids are back in school (teacher strike over) and I had to find rides for them.

Hiring my girl Friday has helped, but it's not enough.  I'm going to also hire someone to clean for me.  I'm so tired.

Hence, the lack of blogs, hence, why I'm not at work today, hence why I haven't been able to exercise.  I did force myself onto the soccer field last week, but haven't really moved since then or before then.  I bought a yoga dvd.  I thought it would give me some balance and exercise at the same time and I could do it even if I was tired.  I haven't touched it.

So, I wait.  And sleep.  And lay around.

Send some good vibes my way.  Some good energetic vibes, please.

On a happier note, me and my girls are having a girls night tomorrow night.  No friends over, just the three of us.  We'll make dinner together and watch Bridesmaids.  Can't wait to see it.

Friday Scribbles (is that what I called it last week?)

Random iPod Shuffle Song: Tighten Up, Black Keys.  Love it.

Movie of the Week: Bridesmaids of course.

Book of the Week: Younger Next Year by Chris Crowley and Henry Lodge MD.  My dad bought this for me ages ago.  I think it's time I read it.

Quote of the Week:   "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion...I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward." ~ Kurt Vonnegut Jr.


Happy Friday.  Have a good weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sending good sleep vibes, the kind that feeds the body. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time! I hope that you have fun with your girls, but if you are tired, don't try to be Super Mom! Spare yourself the cooking and have something delivered. (Unless the girls want to cook.) I don't know if this will work for you, or if you have already tried it, but many years ago, a doc told me to take a kids multivitamin that had iron in it, and to be sure to take it with an actual meal. It worked for me, and it was the first time I was able to keep iron down. Good luck and I will be sending positive energy your way, and wishes for test results with something conclusive and simple to remedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure and make the doc be really thorough. Fatigue can be a symptom of some pretty serious stuff. i don't mean to scare you--just be diligent. (and I can't take iron by pill either--gives me a horrible stomach ache. I hear lamb is the highest food source aside from liver (and who can eat liver)--I actually had a friend with a couple miscarriages because of an iron deficiency and she worked lamb in regularly, but pretty much at protein and dark leafy greens at every meal. It worked--she was able to regulate her body to carry a baby, so surely you should be able to get less tired if it's really about iron. (it was a naturopath who finally got her diet sorted to work)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice. I usually don't eat any meats except poultry and fish, but I think I'll have to give lamb a try.

    And I'll try the kids vitamins too. Can't hurt, right?

    My dad has told me how serious it can be. He's a worry wart. I'm doing the best I can.

    And Caroline, thanks for the good vibes. Totally needed.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews