Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday

I've got no pithy title for Thursdays anymore.  My brain is scattered with everything going on right now.  This time of year always makes me a little crazy, and with the release of Never Eighteen in a few months, um, crazy has turned into hysterical.  School, soccer, drivers ed, book everything, revising Sad, planning a release, marketing.  Too much at once.

I took three naps last week.

I don't nap.

No, seriously, anyone who knows me can tell you I'm not a napper. I hate napping because there are other things I could be doing.  But I think my body was rebelling against the perpetual motion.  It screamed, "Slow the f#@% down!!!!" 

So I hired a Girl Friday.  Yep. I did.  Can I afford it?  Probably not, but I need to keep my sanity.  And I need to get things done.  But when you have a day job, then have to drive your kids various places until 7 pm with soccer games on the weekend, time is fleeting, and I'm too tired to work on book stuff.

She starts Monday.  I've hired her mostly to drive my children around, but she'll also do light cleaning, yard work, errands etc, etc.  I'm pretty stoked about this.  It almost makes me feel important.  Almost, but not quite.

We'll see how things go.

3 comments:

  1. oh, how i want a girl friday. may i borrow yours?

    honestly, though, i think it's a great idea to get help when and where you can. if my boyfriend had not moved in a year ago to help divide chores and errands, i know i would have hired people to clean and mow the lawn by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she works out! I don't have a girl friday but I do have a weekly housekeeper so that, at the very least, our house is clean. Often clean without any food but still clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hired her just in time too. I forgot I have an all day web class monday and I really need her.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews