Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tooting the Horn Tuesday:

Okay, first I have an update to tell you that my garbage did indeed get put out.  Rusty dropped Mary off and noticed they had not picked up yet.  Hero of the day.

Secondly, yesterday was Shake-Your-Ass-Like-Shakira-Day on Facebook thanks to yesterday's mentioned Barb and Deb at the Middle Ages and Gae Polisner.  Against my better judgement, I did indeed participate (as did many others) and against my better judgement, I'm sharing my Facebook link with you.  I don't know if you can watch it if you're not a Facebook friend, but here it is.

Okay, tooting my own horn, I ended up in Publishers Weekly yesterday in the midst of the Fall releases (they apparently don't know I got bumped to Winter, or maybe it's me that doesn't know something).  You can read about all the Fall releases here.  If you want to see my tiny little blurb, scroll down to HMH/Graphia. :)

Two 2k11ers, Kiki Hamilton and  Tess Hilmo, reveal their book covers at the 2k11 site. I must say, they are gorgeous.

And did you know that they are making my favorite YA novel into a movie?  The Thirteen Reasons Why (by Jay Asher) movie will star Selena Gomez.  I cannot WAIT to see it.

I believe that's all I've got for now.  Until tomorrow.

~Megan

4 comments:

  1. I loved seeing the titles on that list.

    I adore Kiki and Tess' covers. I can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Medeia. I posted a preliminary one a while back. Still waiting on a final. And yes, Kiki and Tess' cover are absolutely gorgeous and so different. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thirteen Reasons Why could either be really good or really bad. Gomez is my favorite of the teen stars so at least that's good. Though I think I would have rather had an unknown. But that's just because I don't think any celeb looks like what I picture Hannah to look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, for me it's hard to picture SG as Hannah, but after reading Jay's blog about meeting her, I changed my mind. I hope it's good because I LOVE the book.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews