Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Writing Wednesday: Never Eighteen

Yep, Since I've shared my cover (er, twice now this week.  Oops make that three times. Guess I'm a little excited)  I thought I would share the opening paragraphs.

Day One . . .

     I had the dream again.  The one where I’m running.  I don’t know what from or where to, but I’m scared—terrified, really.  I wake,  drenched in sweat.  Jumping out of bed, I immediately head to my computer.
      I need to get some things done this weekend, and I’m running out of time.  God, I hope Kaylee can help.  What if she asks what I’m doing?  I can’t tell her, can I?  No.  She’d try to stop me, I’m sure of it.  Shit, I hope she doesn’t have to work.  I should have checked.  Without her Mustang, I may not be able to do this, and I want to, I need to.  Otherwise, things may just continue as they always have: painful, motionless.  Like treading water.  You stay afloat, but you never really get anywhere.  A flash, a flicker of life, that’s all I want.  I don’t think it’s too much to ask. 

10 comments:

  1. Cool - and like how the Mustang on the cover is immediatly referenced in the story

    Please to ignore my spelling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I thought that was cool too. :) Thanks Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I really like that opening! As if I wasn't already eager for this book, that kinda seals it. And I agree with Mike-- its awesome that the Mustang is mentioned right away. I love your cover, too. Its simple but beautiful. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this cover. I feel like there is a purpose to it, and you'll be amazed at how it attracts readers. It's very cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starting to think it's real bitchin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the cover and I adore the beginning. Wowsir, Megan, truly WOWSIR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover and I think the opening is fantastic. I can't wait for this to be on my bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Jody and Rachel. I'm loving the cover too.

    And Rachel, I can't wait for it to be on your bookshelf either. lol. (still seems like such a looooong wait)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews