Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Morning Blahg

If cleanliness is next to godliness, I should at least be in line for a canonization.  I spent yesterday picking up a place that looked like it had been ransacked by burglars.  AND put my kids to work as well.  I'm not sure how I did that.  I just said really excited, "SUNDAY IS MAJOR CLEANING DAY!!"
and they were all over it.

 Thing One folded a pile of laundry about the size of Mt. Fuji.  And she cleaned the downstairs.  I'm not sure what Thing two did, really, but she was downstairs and didn't resurface, whether she was cleaning or hiding I'm not sure.  I do know that they both cleaned their rooms and we all washed our sheets (which we probably don't do often enough)

I cleaned my own room, which was nothing but a pile of clothes covering every inch.  Cleaned the kitchen which had been pillaged and plundered by a five teenager sleepover.  I vacuumed the living room/kitchen (it's more like a great room without the great).  Most importantly, I cleaned my office.  I had months worth of filing to do, Christmas crap piled in there, my desk was cluttered with dvds and books and sticky notes.  I wanted to get back to writing in there and free up my kitchen table for stuff like, well, eating.  I used to pride myself as the Ultimate JFC (see picture above to figure out what it means), I think I need to channel her again.


Having the house uncluttered also makes me realize the important things that need to be done (ahem, like the bills paid that have been piled up in that stack of paperwork you've been meaning to go through), but it is also good for my mental health.  When my house is a cluttered mess, I get cranky.  I'm more Zen-like now, I've found an inner peace that can only come from having a tidy and sparkling sanctuary.


Now about that canonization . . . how about if I'm the patron saint of Scribing Servants.  I like it.

As always,

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews