Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thought Provoking Thursday: Why Do We Stress?

I mean, I know life throws us curveballs, but really, is anything really that big that we can't get through it?  Talking with a friend last night, he tried to tell me about finding happiness by letting go.  Now, he's super smart, and I tried to follow along, and I admit, he lost me in some places, but I get it to a point.

We need to remember, that our physical lives are ephemoral.  Our bodies our mere vessels to get us through this phase of existence, so everything here, our stuff, the people in our lives, our experiences are only temporary for us.  If we remember the big picture, that we're not going to be in this life forever, it may be easier to let things roll off of us.

While it's kind of a confusing concept, and I'm not trying to get all metaphysical and religious on your ass, because frankly, those are not my things, but I think I'm going to try and put it in a smaller perspective.  Day to day.  The things I go through are temporary.  They won't last forever.  Now that may mean they go away in this lifetime or after death, but they will go away.

Our physical lives are fleeting.  We are merely a speck in the scheme of things.  So why do we make things so hard for ourselves while we're here?

I don't really know what happens after.  But I know that all I've left behind won't matter anymore.  So why do I worry about it so much?

Think on that for awhile.

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews