Friday, April 30, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

This isn't really about David Bowie, it's about me.  As always.  Because I'm a narcissist.

Change.  I fear it but sometimes it's inevitable.  Now that I'm getting published (fingers crossed nothing bad happens to prevent this), I really do need to make some changes in my life.

1) My video series is going from Chronicles of an Aspiring Writer to Chronicles of a Debut Novelist.  I'm having a meeting with a musician and his girlfriend for a new theme song (okay it's my friend Kristin and her boyfriend Tony, but I can write it off if I make it sound important, right?)

2) I have joined the Elevensies group.  I'm very excited about it.  I love the idea of writers helping other writers succeed in this business.  And Gae's in it and it is going to be so cool to work with her!!!

3) And, er, exercise.  I was supposed to start my regiment this week, but, uh, sigh, I didn't.  But if I need to get author photos and do book signings I want to be fit. (okay, I want to look hawt, I can't help it, it's the narcissist in me)

4) I need to organize my time better, so, I'm going to start keeping a calendar and write down everything that needs to be done on any given day.  I've tried this before, but I'm determined to make it work.  Daily stuff like balancing my time with exercise, writing, networking.  Then things that would be more of a weekly or monthly thing like like videos, critique groups, etc.

I'm sure I'll come across some other things that I need to work on or change, but that's where I'm starting right now.

Thanks as always for reading me and having my back in this crazy business.

Ciao (I changed my closing too, you like? or should I go back to kisses?),
Megan








12 comments:

  1. I also think about book jackets and publicity, etc when I think about diet and exercise. lol I mean really, if we're working toward a career that demands we interface with the public, we (especially women, unfortunately) are going to be under a lot of pressure to look our best. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's very true, Allison. Sad but true. Thus, I need to get off my lazy butt. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know I had to chime in on this simply because of the Bowie pic. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Steffan. Totally thought of you when I posted it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to get into jiu jitsu! It's totally hawt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will consider that Jeff. :) I'll consider anything that gets me off my butt for 30 min to an hour a day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote yoga -- it's done the most for my body (oh, and mind) so far.

    And you're totally hawt already, Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unfortunately, and I know MANY would disagree with me, but I hate yoga. *ducks to avoid flying yoga mat*

    However I LOVE pilates and probably will do that again along with some kind of aerobic activity.

    And thank you Barbara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are cordially invited to join my Book Tour Fitness Plan. See, I had to start BEFORE I had a contract, as I had a long way to go, but I am half way (40 pounds down) so it works!

    I also think your BEST FRIEND is a regular schedule. It is honestly one of the GOOD things about having a job--there is only so much OTHER time, so I am rigidly scheduled... the exercise will only go where it goes. The writing will only go where it goes. So BOTH get fit the only place they can--daily. (sheesh, I sound like a Virgo!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to join that. what do I do?

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I'm doing is following a version of weight watchers and exercising is really all--then my Saturday Blog is about it, but I also have a Facebook supportive group (1st and 2nd degree friends, rather than public)--I'll send you an invite (Hopeful losers.)

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews