Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The elements: Air

I thank the rain for subsiding yesterday morning, but was it necessary to replace it with a typhoon.  Okay, that may be an exaggeration, but come on, what is this?  Adverse weather week in Tacoma, WA?

I appreciate the fact that without you I will die, like water, but when you kick it into high gear, you're kind of destructive and annoying.

The wind knocked two panels off my greenhouse yesterday putting all my poor tomatoes, basil, melons, and marigolds in jeopardy. 

It stung just walking from the car to the grocery store.  Yes, hindsight I wouldn't have worn the mini skirt, but the sun was shining so it was too tempting and misleading.

My kids called for a ride home from soccer practice three blocks away, it was blowing so hard .  Their skin was so cold when they got home because they did not put their sweatshirts on and I refused to pick them up because I already had dinner cooking. (what is it with kids and outerwear anyway?) 

At least unlike the rain you didn't keep my up all night.  I think you may have actually helped me sleep (or maybe it was overtired delirium from being kept up all night the night before).


Ciao,


Megan

5 comments:

  1. Last night I was forced to watch movies all night (not the worse thing that can happen to me). One of the movies was "17 Again."

    As I watched I thought, hey, there's some of those mean school kids Megan was writing about, except no one got shot. You're right, it's more interesting if someone gets shot.

    Have you seen "17 Again"

    I'll do a movie review: It was another "if I could only do it all over again movie," but fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wind is my least favorite weather (though nearer the ocean I love it--that north pacific coast is fabulous). I am giggling though, at the miniskirted mum wondering why her daughters won't put appropriate clothing on... (my kids won't wear jackets and are too quick to don shorts, too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, that is a good point about the mini skirt. Of course, being a guy, I say let the wind blow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! Yes but I was wearing a sweatshirt. er.

    And yes Walter, I have seen 17 Again, a cute movie, yes would have been more interesting if someone got shot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the weather is having a temper tantrum all over the US, flooding in lots of places where it wasn't expected.

    Walter, let's imagine you're wearing a mini skirt and the wind blows ... no, don't go there.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews