Friday, May 28, 2010

F³A: Life's unfairness and how it makes me want to punch people in the face

So, Thing One tried out for select soccer. And you know how I've ranted about select soccer before.  This is the team she was on last year.  They have an A and B team.  Last year she made the B team, which we were disappointed with, as in our personal opinion she was better than a few other players who did make it, but had the pleasure of being pre-acquainted with the coach prior to try outs, i.e. favoritism.  I LOVE favoritism (note: sarcasm)

So, anyhoo she tried out again this year, and once again they have an A and B team, and she has been kicking some ass on the soccer field this year at practices, on the school team, and in indoor.  I would venture to guess, in her last few years of playing soccer the girl has scored twenty to thirty goals between the three teams.  But guess what?  Again, she didn't make the A team. 

This frustrates me for a few reasons.  First, again, she deserves it.  Second, she was one of only a couple forwards trying out for the team. Third, coach was scrambling for players so he invited some girls from another team that folded to come to the practices and all of them made the team.  He invited them to practices AFTER try outs were already held.  THEY WEREN'T AT THE TRYOUTS AND THEY MADE THE TEAM.  AND, my daughter scored two goals against them in indoor last week.  Fourth, it just sucks and made my kid cry. 

To add to it, one of the girls on the A team last year whose dad helps coach the team told Mary she had made it.  That was just wrong and stupid and hateful.

Now, I don't really care which team my girl plays for as long as she plays.  I love watching her on the pitch.  Her passing is brilliance, her crosses, near perfect, and of course I am full of pride when she scores, and love to see how happy it makes her.  I'm upset because she's upset.  And I REALLY don't like it when people hurt my kids.

I'm so mad, I don't even care if they read this blog and he will be getting an email from me today.

Okay, my rant is over for now.  Since this is the Friday Free For All I'll leave you with this weeks favorites.

Current song on my iPod: Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead

What book is on my nightstand: Greyhound by Steffan Piper though I'm currently still reading Alchemy by Mike Wood.  These should both be on your bookshelf.

Current watch: Dexter Season One.  Watching it on Netflix.  Liking it.

Quotes of the week:

"I know the world isn't fair, but why isn't it ever unfair in my favor?" ~ Bill Watterson

"There is always inequality in life." John F. Kennedy
Post a Comment

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews