Monday, May 31, 2010

Freedoms


It's Memorial Day, and you will rarely find me talking about politics or the military here.  I do appreciate what our soldiers and veterans do for us, which is mostly, defending our freedoms.  They ensure that we have rights, and protect us from tyranny.  They keep our country strong to avoid attacks as much as they can.

So, here are some freedoms I am grateful for.  

I'm grateful for the right to an education
for the right to choose what I want in life, rather than have it dictated to me.
I'm grateful for the freedom to choose who I spend my life with, rather than let someone else choose for me.
I'm grateful for the roof over my head, the food on my table, the necessities it takes to survive and the wants it takes to enjoy.
I'm grateful I'm able to teach my daughters to be strong, to stand up for what they believe in, and to pursue whatever they want in life.
I'm grateful for the freedom to choose what I want to believe in.
I'm grateful I have the right to vote.
I'm grateful I have a voice.

Today, remember a fallen soldier, and thank a living one.

Ciao,

Megan

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Megan. You've made me think about all of things for which I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that. Really beautiful.

    I will thankfully think of my cousin who went over for a Canadian peacekeeping mission -- and came home safe. His experiences were so enlightening to us.

    Happy Memorial Day!

    xo Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. I think it's important to remember why these sacrifices are made. We may not always agree with the reasons behind the wars, but we can rally around those fighting to keep us free.

    ReplyDelete

My Dad. He's awesome.

John Messina, Personal Injury Attorney

Total Pageviews